Legislative Updates and Information
MOAA 2019 Legislative Goals
(1) Ensure any Tricare reform sustains access to top-quality care. (Say NO to new fees for Tricare for Life)
(2) Prevent disproportional Tricare fee increases.
(3) Sustain military pay comparability with the private sector.
(4) Stop erosion of compensation and non-pay quality-of-life benefits.
(5) End financial penalties for military survivors. (Act Now to End the Widow’s Tax.)
(6) End concurrent receipt penalties for military retirees. (Support Full Concurrent Receipt for Disabled Military Retirees.)
(7) Achieve equity of benefits for Guard and Reserve Members with their Active Duty counter parts.
(8) Strengthen DoD-VA collaboration and services to support wounded warriors and an expanding population of women veterans.
(9) Ensure timely access to service earned VA benefits.
(10) Protect military and veteran family support programs and policies. (Be cautious with compensation reform.)